Who We Are
Cross Play Therapy Consulting was founded in 2020 by Mary Ruth to create an organization that helps therapists understand the value and power of play therapy. Here, you’ll find the support and services you’re looking for to expand your knowledge and grow your practice as a professional.
Three Ways to Learn
Each webinar focuses on a specific agent of change within one of the four Therapeutic Powers of Play Therapy. Attendance and participation will earn you one 1 non-contact CE (Continuing education credit for Play Therapy).
Next Webinar: DATE
($160/mo. & 3mo. minimum)
If you’d like additional support, you can join a twice a week group coaching session. Each person that is accepted to the program will complete an intake assessment which Mary Ruth will use to tailor the sessions more directly to your needs for growth in play therapy.
(6-Month Structured Program $6,000)
In this mentoring program, you’ll work with Mary Ruth Cross one-on-one to develop your skills and pursue your licensing in play therapy, or, for advanced play therapists, continue to refine your skills and grow your practice in play therapy.
Next Webinar Details
In this webinar...
Social distancing protocols enable us to support efforts to manage the COVID-19 crisis but it also has had some emotionally challenging impacts on youth and their families. For many youth we are now seeing where they struggle socially as they strive to find ways to have the social and emotional connections they need.
This 1 CE non-contact webinar will focus on using the therapeutic power of play of enhancing social relationships through the change agent of social competence. We will explore interventions that harness the unique challenges play therapists face as we too must find ways to stay connected and emotionally healthy.
What you’ll get:
- 1 non-contact CE (Continuing education credit for Play Therapy)
- This supports you to meeting some of the credentialing criteria for the Association for Play Therapy. You must have 150 CE’s in play therapy-specific training.
- We will cover advanced tools to overcome the unique challenges that complicate family situations and the therapy you provide.
- Empirically supported interventions to help children and their families.
After this webinar participants will be able to:
- Describe and identify at least 3 processes that are the underpinnings of social competence.
- Explore and identify at least 3 play based interventions to improve social competence.
- Identify at least 2 play based resources for using cooperative games to improve social competence.
What are you waiting for? Register today.
Don't Miss an Event!
Sign up to be informed of the latest events and other exciting play therapy related news!