Who We Are
Cross Play Therapy Consulting was founded in 2020 by Mary Ruth to create an organization that helps therapists understand the value and power of play therapy and to provide play therapy training. Here, you’ll find the support and services you’re looking for to expand your knowledge and grow your practice as a professional.
Three Ways to Learn
Each webinar focuses on a specific agent of change within one of the four Therapeutic Powers of Play Therapy. Attendance and participation will earn you one 1 non-contact CE (Continuing education credit for Play Therapy).
($150/mo. & 3mo. minimum)
If you’d like additional support, you can join a twice a week group coaching session. Each person that is accepted to the program will complete an intake assessment which Mary Ruth will use to tailor the sessions more directly to your needs for growth in play therapy.
(6-Month Structured Program $6,000)
In this mentoring program, you’ll work with Mary Ruth Cross one-on-one to develop your skills and pursue your licensing in play therapy, or, for advanced play therapists, continue to refine your skills and grow your practice in play therapy.
Next Webinar Details
2020 has put an unusual strain on many of us. The emotional rollercoaster caused by Shelter-in-Place orders and online learning has youth and families feeling more stress and anxiety than usual. Mental health professionals are essential workers as we continue to support the community in managing stress and reducing anxiety during this pandemic, but we too are impacted by all the events of 2020.
Come join us for this informative 1-hour FREE webinar to explore the change agents of stress inoculation and stress management in play therapy. This webinar will give you strategies to help your clients as well as yourself to have a healthy, effective play therapy practice.
What you’ll get:
- 1 non-contact CE (Continuing education credit for Play Therapy)
- This supports you to meeting some of the credentialing criteria for the Association for Play Therapy. You must have 150 CE’s in play therapy-specific training.
- We will cover advanced tools to overcome the unique challenges that complicate family situations and the therapy you provide.
- Empirically supported interventions to help children and their families.
After this webinar participants will be able to:
- Identify at least 1 difference between stress inoculation and stress management in play therapy.
- Examine and apply at least 3 play-based interventions to improve stress inoculation in youth in play therapy.
- Examine and apply at least 3 play-based interventions to improve stress management in youth in play therapy.
- Identify at least 2 play therapist self-care strategies to manage counselor stress and burnout.
What are you waiting for? Register today.
Don't Miss an Event!
Sign up to be informed of the latest events and other exciting play therapy related news!